Saturday, January 1, 2011

My top new year's resolutions

Happy New Year everybody! My foremost resolution is ... to lose the weight I've gained since the wedding (~10 lbs)! Back then I was healthier and felt fitter. I also wasn't as self conscious of my body. I'd go through the day enjoying life and not think about how the clothes fitted and looked on my body. It's tougher as you get older, gotta work harder to lose the weight. My goal is to be able to prance around in a bikini one more time before I start popping out babies. I have a gut feeling that the skin around my belly will become and stay loose after giving birth. I have a couple of family/friends that are much slimmer than me and I found it puzzling when they wore one piece suits to the beach. When I asked why they don't wear bikinis, they all said their stomachs didn't look the same after child birth.

Second resolution is ... to progress/advance/move forward in life. I'm not going to get comfortable with the job I have now. It just seems too dangerous to depend on one job for the rest of your life. I'm going to continue to find ways to branch out, either by improving my programming skills (my current job has nothing to do with programming, it's clerical work) or research on running my own business. I don't want to *knock-on-wood* get laid off one day and can't find another job because I didn't spend the time to learn new stuff.

Third resolution is ... some of you may find it crazy ... to prepare for disasters, riots, danger, ...zombies hehe.

at shooting range for my birthday

I'm a paranoid motherf_cker. Thank goodness it didn't scare my hubby away. Maybe it's all the movies I watch; playing with my imagination. But I'd still feel better if I prepared for some stuff. This year (2010) for the first time my husband took me to the shooting range. I shot a rifle when I was a child but don't remember what it was like. I wanted to shoot to know how it felt and to know how to operate them. We plan to take some firearms courses this year. There are other preparations I want to do, like a self defense course, a safety kit in my car, emergency supplies for the house, and many more.

I have more resolutions but let's stop here. Hope all of you guys accomplish yours and we'll regroup next year to see if we did!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

It's good you are going to start taking courses on self defense. I am the same way as well... I am pretty paranoid too. I would like to start taking self defense classes too. I also have a defense and spray kit in my car! :p

Eugenia said...

I gave up on new years resolutions years ago! lol. The shooting range looks so fun i want to go soon but havent had a chance! Do you go a lot?

Toni Tralala said...

LOL! You're a funny woman! I'm definitely following you! :)

I was walking on an incline with my husband one time at night and I told him to look at the bushes and watch out for sneaky zombies. :))

You look great holding that gun! How bad ass is that!? lol. Hey, I would looove to have your body! I get what you mean about wanting to lose weight to prepare for a baby though. I'm not quite there yet. Maybe in 7 years. lol.

lolly said...

The older I get the more paranoid I find myself over the silliest things. I think it's awesome you were able to go to a shooting range! That is definitely something on my list of things to do before I die!

P.S. Hello, I'm a new follower ;)

Sonya said...

Happy belated birthday chica! And good luck on your new year's resolution! Enjoy that stomach while you can, because I am struggling after childbirth to have a nice smooth stomach :(

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, I read all of them:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...