I've got lots to do on Blogger, gotta catch up. In case you're wondering, I'm not ignoring your tags/posts/comments! I'm just really slow right now :)
My husband and I just completed our non-restricted (e.g. shotguns, rifles) firearms saftey course. It was over the weekend. I really enjoyed it. Learned a lot. Very strict rules/regulations, which I'm glad it is. Next month it'll be the restricted (e.g. handguns) firearms saftey course.
Gonna get quotes for mortgages this weekend. I don't even know if we qualify. Houses are so expensive. My mother said it's so sad to see so many couples not married yet, own a house yet, or have babies yet. All because of money. During her time, money never held people back from getting married and having families.
That's the only reason why my husband and I haven't gotten married sooner. A few years back, we learned about finances and realized how much debt a lot of people were in. It opened our eyes, and scared us. Since then, we've been very careful with our money. We didn't get married till we had enough to pay for it all, none of it was on credit. People ask me when I'll have a baby. I tell them when I can afford it. What's funny is all my family and friends that have babies will tell me that you'll never feel financially ready, so just start, while you're still young.
Whoops, my quick update turned into a long update. Sorry for ending this post with such a depressing note. Let's end it with something positive...hmmmmm.......We used our slow cooker for the first time and the food turned out deeeeeelicious! The recipe we used was called African Braised Chicken in Peanut Sauce.

10 comments:
you look gorgeous in the pic. Great update! Good luck with your mortgage quotes. I'm waiting to be able to afford it before I have a baby too. I keep being asked about when I'm going to have children. It seems like a lot of people have a baby straight after getting married. Wish you all the best in everything xx
Finally an update:D you look great with the fuschia (which looks warm red in the pic). Anyway, I agree with you about being financially independent and ready for marriage/babies/house. I'm trying to do the same too. Either way, I hope it all goes well.
gorgeous lips!! i love the lipstick looks so good on u! and yes i totally agree with u about being financially stable before moving on to another level..my hubby got married to me when he was 33 (last year). life's so much easier when we don't have personal loan @ debt.. love ur blog! xoxo
Yeah, I'm surprised I read all of this and paid attention to it considering I'm a man who doesn't wear lipstick.
love the lipstick! really cute color on you. please check out my makeup blog too when you have a moment <3
ke
blissfullyke.blogspot.com
Hello! I'm doing an international giveaway:
http://sharithstars.blogspot.com/p/giveaways.html
Hope you'll check it out and participate!
Nice knowing you. :D
I think it's actually really smart to watch your finances and not spend too much on a wedding if you can't afford it. I do the same thing when I plan out my next steps!
i love this post! everything you talked about i agree... and the smart thing to do is actually plan and have few back up ideas of where your heading years down the road... financially, career wise, starting a family and etc... i really like your blog here... may be you would to visit mine and if you like we could follow each other?
have a nice day ... tata
Oh my gosh, I love your blog! It's so charming! Very down-to-earth. Actually, I think your eyebrows look good thicker. Very natural <3 I was hoping we could follow and friend each other! Thanks!
<3eimi
http://shiikwaasaababy.blogspot.com
NICE !! :)
Post a Comment
Thanks for leaving a comment, I read all of them: